Translate

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some Art


This is a polymer clay piece on wood, done for a project in my Taking Flight group on ning.  Our challenge was to create a form from polymer clay and to use various textures to paint the wooden background, incorporating this with the clay form and adding other ephemera as needed to complete the piece.  I saw this dress as something whimsical, an I'm lately on a French kick because I want to go to Italy and France this year.  Maybe a French actress or artist acting in a Shakespearean play.  I suppose she could have some tights with her outfit!  (And I realized the "ink" should be written in french -- oh well.)  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Arteefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

Dear Teri I love the pink! It reminds me of a dress I had years ago and the background is perfect that it enables the dress to be alone and yet not. Just lovely!

Jo said...

I think it's wonderful! I'm dreaming of France & Italy too. Is it something in the water? lol!

City.Girl.Em said...

Teri, I really love this. The background is amazing. I'm learning that background layering makes such a fantastic difference in a paintings appearance. Very nice job, and I like the pink. Yes, I'm dreaming of Paris all the time. I really need to get there someday,if it's the last thing i do! I need to try polymer clay. Haven't ventured into that yet! Yours is just fantastic.

Em

Sandy..... said...

I just finished my piece as well. I really like how this turned out for you! I especially like the feather!

Thauna said...

Teri that is really very cool!!! I love it!