Translate

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girl First Attempt

I can't decide whether to put my art here or in a separate blog, so sometimes I put it in both places.  Anyway, this is my first go at this girl, but may not be my last.  She is based on a few online courses I've taken with Suzi blu on drawing stylized faces and figures.  I wanted her to be somewhat Boticelli-like but with non-realistic, stylized kinds of proportions.  (Not that I could get Boticelli's proportions down even if I tried to.) 

8 comments:

Brandie said...

Teri, that's really awesome. Between you, Lizzi, and Thuana...I am so jealous of all of your artistic talents. It's really amazing!

Meg said...

I really like this. I can see you in her face which really draws me to the picture (pun intended)

City.Girl.Em said...

Simply AMAZING. This girl is very, very good, Terr. I can see Suzi's influence on you. Damn, I really want to take her class. She was getting a bit testy on her ning yesterday. She kinda scares me, lol.

Holli said...

Is this me?? Well, I guess not since I don't have long hair anymore. I know you "revere" me Teri but come on now! This is a bit much don't you think? LOL

I am totally kidding. This was really good I thought. You are one talented lady!

Jo said...

I love her eye and lip colors!

Holli, you made me LAUGH! You are too funny!

teri said...

I was noticing the top of her head is too square -- at which point my husband commented (with a big grin), "that's true, but she's round in ALL the right places." Only my husband can manage to be lascivious about a drawing.

Lizzi said...

She's gorgeous Teri. Definitely reminds me of a modern-day Boticelli. Her head? Not too square in my book.

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Teri,
She is wonderful! What a face.. and I love everything about her.. ! He lips are so cute and her hair.. but then could go on and on..
Hugs, Darlene xo