Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Deadly Sins

Meg sent me this post, which she found on a friend's blog. And now you're it!

Pride:What is your biggest contribution to the world?
I'm proud that I seem to
inspire and empower people to be their best, by what I say and what I have done. And ok I have to say this if I'm being prideful: (((my children.))) I'm very proud of them.

Envy: What do your friends have that you wish was yours?
Longer legs, a thinner nose, and blue eyes.

Gluttony: What did you eat last night?
On a diet now but there have been nights when I would have had a GREAT answer for this.

Lust: What really lights your fire?
A guy who is smart and witty and charming (like my husband)

Greed: Name something you hoard and keep from others:
I do not hoard many things, but I do hoard art supplies for some reason. I buy them to use them but love them so much that I can't use them because they will get used up. It's a terrible catch 22 for me. Very neurotic.

Sloth: What’s the laziest thing you ever did?
Pissed the day away reading, on the computer and doing art and not much of anything else. I'm pretty driven, but when I go into downtime mode I'm REALLY off.

Anger: What is the last thing that really pissed you off?
My bad temper is legendary in my family and I've always tended to say exactly what I'm feeling (note I didn't say thinking), but as I've "matured" I've learned to wait before I open my mouth. My ex-husband treating my kids unfairly is still a trigger point for me and can make me go ballistic.

Wrath: I don't have time for wrath in my life.

Tag. You're it.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Ooh! I'm gonna have to do this one!

Thanks for sharing!

Lori

Mandy said...

I think we all have wasted a day lounging with book and chatting idly on the computer. I call it me time. Some days I just need more than others.

Brandie said...

i love pissing the day away on reading and internet time!

this is great!

paperqueen said...

Teri, my driven type-A friend, a day spent reading, on the computer, and doing art is NOT a day pissed away! Allow me to give you a lesson in a truly slothful day: 1)don't get out of your PJs
2)arrange several snacks, beverages on the coffee table, making sure all are within arm's reach 3)make sure all applicable remotes are within easy reach 4)put supply of take out menus and telephone on coffee table as well 5)fluff up some pillows and find a comfortable position on couch
6)use said remote to turn on TV/DVD player/CD player 7)leave couch only to replenish snacks/beverages or use bathroom.
Now THAT is a slothful day!
Eileen