Translate

Friday, June 12, 2009

A free workshop and a new Art Journaling site


My husband always says his favorite word is "free" and his favorite phrase is "let me put that right in your trunk for you, sir." Hmmmm. Well, things like that happen rarely for me (and the trunk thing sounds a little shady), but here's one for the would-be digital artist out there. Jessica Sprague, artiste extraordinaire, is offering a free workshop in July. Yes F-R-E-E. Her workshops are amazing and seldom free, but this one is a celebration of her website's second birthday - so she is giving us a present. You need to register for it between June 22 and 28. (For the calendar impaired, that is a Monday through Sunday.) I love playing around with Photoshop and have a couple of techniques under my belt, but I still have a lot to learn so I'll be taking this class. You also get a 30-day free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements and a free design kit from Houseof3.com, which I imagine will have things like cute little brushes, swirls, frames and doodads to embellish your pictures. If you think you might be interested, post here and let's do it together...I'd love to have some company on this. It will be fun to share our work.

Speaking of sharing our work...I've just started an art journaling group on Ning, sort of an aside to last year's Taking Flight group (which will end its active phase in the next few months). If you are at all thinking about Art Journaling -- wondering about it, wanting to learn it, try it, or even just take part in the discussions -- here is the link: On The Wing It's open membership so you can join easily.

8 comments:

Thauna said...

Of course, I am taking the JS photo editing class! Love all the classes I've taken from her. We can swap and share and learn together! Woo-hoo, can't wait.

Thauna said...

Teri, the link to your Ning group is broken...

Mandy said...

I would love to do the workshop!! Please, remind me to sign up. I am so bad at those things.

Thauna the link is http://www.onthewing.ning.com

Jo said...

Thank you for passing this along. I'm considering it!

Hannah Banana said...

I will have to check this out...thanks for sharing!

dragyonfly said...

count me in

Lizzi said...

I'm definitely taking this workshop. Can't wait!! And I'll be heading over to check out your journaling site. Thanks for passing this on Teri!!

Just Tera said...

WOW thanks for sharing. I am totally signing up for this and checking out your other link. What a great thing. You are so artistic it's inspiring. Can I be you when I grow up? If I grow up?