Translate

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Have you stumbled upon?

StumbleUpon

My son told me about this site and I love it, so I'm sharing it with you in case you haven't seen it. It's free. You sign up, and you put in your interests, and then you go there and "stumble" whenever you're bored (which of course is never if you have the same amount of free time as I, but still, you should try it). And based upon choices you enter for your interests, the site will come up with websites for you that it thinks you will like.

So for me, for example, I chose things like art and music and reading and things like that. My son thought this was hilarious and said he could totally have chosen for me because I'm so predictable. Of course, HIS major excitement was stumbling upon a budgeting and banking site online (and if you must know, it's called mint.com and if you like it don't tell him or me).

Anyway, if you like the sites you give them thumbs up and if not, thumbs down, and that affects how often others will stumble upon them, too. It's an interesting concept -- as if you don't already have ENOUGH websites in your life -- and I think you might like to try it.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like a cool site! I'll check it out; thanks for sharing!

Arteefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

Love your new look site!

Mandy said...

I am on Stumble Upon....I just don't really understand it. =(