Translate

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vision Journaling Workshop-Week 1


This week I began a six-week vision journaling workshop with Kathryn Antyr at True North Arts. The class combines elements of many things that are important to me -- a focus on living life with purpose and intention, meditation and inward reflection, and expression through art -- so I'm delighted that Kathryn is offering weekly challenges and activities for us to follow. So fun!

As part of the creative visualization process of (a) setting goals and positive intentions; (b) creating a clear idea or picture; (c) focusing on it often; and (d) giving it positive energy - we each created a simple collage that represented what the concept of relaxation meant to us. From that collage, we also made a smaller-sized vision card with the same image as well as a couple of vision cards with affirmations to remind us to relax and go with the flow.

My collage is a few images - a pillow-stuffed hammock on a breezy porch looking out toward the water, fresh linens pinned on a clothesline, and a folding table on a casual outside deck with a candle in a beautiful ceramic holder and a full-to-the-brim mug of coffee. The only thing missing is me! I found the image of a woman looking outward in an Anthropologie catalog (my favorite place) and she was perfect for finishing my collage.



The affirmations - "Empty your mind; be formless, shapeless, like the water" is something the great Bruce Lee said. "Mind quiet, heart full" is my interpretation of a Taoist saying. For me, both express relaxation and spirituality - keeping our minds silent and open to allow peace and tranquility the space to enter.

9 comments:

KathrynAntyr said...

These are all wonderful collages and vision cards. I love that you quoted Bruce Lee. Yes...be like water!

Thank you for sharing!

{soul hugs}
Kathryn

4ravens said...

I'd love to spend an afternoon relaxing in that hammock! Great affirmations.

Lizzi said...

Teri,
I just signed up for this workshop on Friday! I am still working on my relaxation collage and vision card. I'll post it when I'm done. I love your pieces.

Mandy said...

Love your affirmations. Very beautiful collage. Thanks for Sharing. =)

Beverley Baird said...

What a lovely collage - so peaceful and relaxing.
I have yet to do mine - just joined Fri.
Love your affirmations as well.

Chris Tessnear said...

Great affirmations and images. Love your blog!

Lady North said...

O gosh..this speaks of wonderful breezy gauze curtainy type summer days and guazey white dresses wearing flowers in our hair and dancing under the stars and....
Can we just say I love it?
Blessings
LN

Thauna said...

I love your collage! All of your images speak right to my soul...I want to run away into your pictures. Love the affirmations. I need to find some time in my life to do some of this journaling.

expressivehart said...

LOVE your creations! So vibrant and lovely!