Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vision Journaling Workshop-Week 2


I've been remiss in posting the work I've been doing in my vision journaling workshop with Kathryn Antyr from True North Arts. I've been doing it - just haven't actually stopped to photograph and blog it! We're actually a couple of lessons beyond this one now, but I will post my work one lesson at a time, so these are actually from two weeks ago -- but you won't mind, will you?

Our task was to think about our values and to synthesize down the ten things that were most important to us in our lives. Then we made ATC's of them, using pics from magazines.

The ten I chose were Family -my own and the greater families to which I belong, Creativity-Encouraging it in myself and every person I meet in life, because too often it is discouraged, Passion -all the passions, especially the driving force that keeps us committed to our task, Humor -part of my culture and my nature to laugh together with friends, Loyalty-hugely important to me, giving and receiving, Education -I'm a teacher after all - learning and teaching, Nature -being in nature revives and inspires me, preserving nature is a commitment, Leadership -encouraging, modeling, learning, Flexibility -such an important skill-it can be taught and learned, Community -the place where all the rest of these takes place and without it my life would be nothing.

7 comments:

Brandie said...

that's really great, Teri! 10 things most important to us...something for me to think about and another possible blog post! thanks :)

Lit and Life said...

The more of these I see, the more I want to find a class here. This looks like such a great way to make you think while being a creative outlet.

Jo said...

I used keep what I called "inspiration" and "vision" journals in which I pasted images and words that stuck a chord in me. I haven't done so in a very long time. Seeing your posts makes me feel like picking them up again!

A Dancing Mango said...

Hi Terri,
Thank you for visiting my blog!
I am hoping to start doing some of this wonderful creative art.
I have been so busy and have not had time to paint.. that is horrible.. eh?
You are sure an inspiration!
Thank you for being here.
Hugs, Darlene

Brenda said...

I really like this! It touches on everything that means something to us. Great job, Teri!

Brenda said...

I love your review on The Help. I am hoping it comes out in a movie. I think it would make a great one from the sound it.

How do I make a three column web page like yours?
You don't use a template do you?

If you can provide me with any info, I would appreciate it. my email is brendafry320@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Linda said...

What a wonderful thing to do Teri....you made great choices.
I'll keep checking back to see how you're getting on with the 30 days of creating.
Linda x
PS So glad someone agrees with me about clowns!