Translate

Monday, September 28, 2009

Soul Journaling Dreaming Prompt

Sarah Whitmire challenged our Soul Journaling yahoo group to think about her prompt "I'm afraid that if I start dreaming I will" and Shel Silverstein's "If" poem to inspire an art journal entry. It was a perfect opportunity for me to work in an altered book I've started with a theme of doors.

Following our dreams is like opening a door to an unknown place. We don't know what will happen when we do it, so it can seem easier to stay on the safe side of the door -- the place where we know what to expect. Sometimes we wait until someone else goes through a door first to see how they do, and then we follow -- just to be on the "safe" side. But then we aren't following the door to our dreams; we're following someone else's.

10 comments:

Mixed Media Martyr said...

Teri, this page is wonderful! I love the smoodgey orange!!! Leanne.

Mar said...

teri your page turned great!
good for you to challenge yourself
:)

sherry ♥ lee said...

Love your thoughts on going through doors...following someone else; following their path, not your own. Your journal page is well composed.

Lisa said...

Very cool look and idea!

paperqueen said...

Teri, I LOVE this page, not just how it looks, but what it says. Is that Erma Bombeck quote in your handwriting? If it is, I'm really impressed. If it isn't I want to know how you did it!
Eileen

ellie said...

Can I just say I really like this whole concept....and esp. the "call" on the door...."magic bean buyers"...*giggle*....love that! :D

Susan Hosken said...

Loved the altered book pages. Like the idea with the door and the theme of doors.
lots of love from susan in australia

LisaC said...

Teri, I love the door analogy and I love what you wrote about following others through the door. I never thought of it that way. As you can see with my picture, I love doors but mine is still closed, LOL. Your page is not only pretty, but makes you think. And it's nice to finally put a face to a name ;-)
Lisa

A Dancing Mango said...

Teri,
I love your idea on this journal page! Great job..
I must laugh at something I remember in the past, I had heard Geraldo Rivera wrote a book called, "Exposing Myself". Of course I ran to the book store at that time (12yrs. ago)and I asked the clerk for a book,"exposing myself" she looked at me with a quizical look and said.."who wrote this book"? I replied."Geraldo Rivera", she smiled and said.."what a guy".. what a guy , what a guy"!!... so just think as Geraldo thinks..lol! Thought I would share this for a good laugh!
Hugs, Darlene

Holli said...

I also love the orange and I'm so not a fan of that color... this is a beautiful shade though!