Translate

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Friends

What would we do without our friends?  You know who yours are. Those people you call when you're the happiest, the saddest or just to stay in touch. And definitely the ones you call when you need some help!   (I know you're thinking about yours as you read this.)  I told you last time about my friend who helped me with my knitting, and some of you asked to see it finished, so...... here is a section from the original bad news bears scarf.  All these stitches are supposed to look exactly the same. Clearly they do not. (Though, I have to say, isn't the yarn lovely? It cost me a fortune to make this mess.)


And then, thanks to my angel friend, knitter and seamstress fabulaire Rosie, I was able to create this:


Observe the perfection of the stitches.  The loveliness of the entire knittedness of it.  This only took 5 visits with Rosie to check on whether I was doing the right thing and for her to reassure me Things Were Fine (and to fix the occasional dropped stitch). At one point she thought I might have dropped a stitch 10 rows back and was going to make me UNKNIT 10 rows and re-do them. That was A Sad Day Indeed.   But fortunately, she discovered it was just a "loose stitch," so I was off the hook. :-)


And here am I modeling my new creation.  What?  You thought I would be gifting this?  Not on your life, baby.  This one goes into the Hall of Fame.


By the way, if you are mildly observant you have noticed that earlier that day I was trying on nail polish at Sephora. You scored extra points for noticing before I mentioned it. Very nicely done.

And in other news,

I have some new friends who live nearby and who love art too!  I would tell you all about our day and show you photos but since one of the ladies has already written about it on her blog, you may want to go here and see our fun day:
Reclineart Posterous

12 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Can you hear me clapping?? Well done!!Nice color choices too. I know how to knit, but always dread a dropped stitch, because I can't figure out how to fix it!!

ellie said...

Brava! And this post was hilarious..."you thought I was gifting this thing?..." LOL!

Well done, Flemal!

Rayna said...

Nice job on that little neck scarf thingie. Almost makes me want to pick up my needles again.

You are just tooooo lucky to be friends with Patricia, Benedicte, et al. Wish my life gave me time to meet them in the city and play every so often. I have to go back and finish Patricia's post, which I interrupted to click on the link to your blog. Good to "meet" you.

Rosie said...

Teri - the cowl is perfect! I am so proud of you. You exaggerate about the number of times I had to come up. The truth be told I was really there to watch certain people get goofy for me as I crave attention :-).

The cowl looks fantastic on you. Was I right about using up the wool on the length? BTW what's going on with the other version of this? Nothing like a little pressure, huh?

BTW certain people told me they want to try the cowl on and have their pictures posted on this blog. Hmmmm ....

Love ya!

teri said...

Janet, I will send Rosie to you. (She always runs right upstairs to me so I'm sure it won't be a problem.)

Thanks Ellie. I'm so happy when you are proud of me.

Hi Rayna, it's nice to meet you. :-) Those ladies are the nicest ever.

And Rosie...only you would think I have to put this masterpiece on a cat. No way. He has to knit his own.

Rosie said...

Who said anything about a cat? Certain other people like rolling all over knitted items ....

It's always a pleasure to be around and with you and the family! Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!!!

Tammy Freiborg said...

Lovely! and great nail polish too! So you sweeten friends up with candy canes!? Looks like you all had a blast!

Sheila said...

Hi Teri, my lovely friend Rosie told me about your site. Your cowl is pretty and love the colorway.

Lizzi said...

You're awesome Teri!! :)

Brenda said...

love the shades of purple. good job.

Holli said...

Your scarf you knitted is awesome Teri and you look gorgeous in it! Congratulations on accomplishing this... YAY!!

I'm headed over to check out your art day now....

Lisa said...

Excellent job! Kudos for sticking with it--I wish my mother-in-law lived closer so I could utilize her in the same way.