Translate

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Go Have Some Fun

My friend Shirley has shared a tutorial on her blog explaining how to make stamps from flat sheets of foam. Her friend Pat Gaignat had an article published in Cloth Paper Scissors on this technique and Shirley has kindly agreed to give a detailed explanation of what was published in CPS and what Pat taught her. The stamps look great -- they turn out looking like silk screening.  http://www.paperandthreads.com/


I'm inspired tonight by Carol at Swallowcliff's incredibly prolific spirit. She buzzes from project to project like a honeybee, and though she wants her word of the year in 2011 to be "focus," I love this  flitting about because she is always inspiring me with something new.  Recently she was making babushka dolls (she's also calling them dottee dolls), and I'm inclined to try them myself. There are so many different ways you can do them -- from using fabric and paint or embroidery, to paper that is painted or colored or printed, stapled or glued or sewn -- and you can make dolls to hang on a tree or to sit on a shelf or even tiny ones for jewelry.  You get the picture.  http://swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/2010/12/dotee-doll-art-iii.html


And to round out the trio, would you like to make paper roses?  Here's a link to some lovely ones.  Now go have some fun.  http://www.theartfulcrafter.com/paper-flowers-one.html

4 comments:

Thauna said...

I just love the word Babushka...that alone makes me want to make one. :) I also love Carol so I'm going to check them out.

Bea said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU, dear friend. :)Bea

Cynthia said...

Happy New Year adventures. Loving everything, wanting to do everything. It's like childhood skipping...and I definitely think we could have been childhood friends. Have a great day and thanks for all the inspirations.

An Evolving Artist @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Teri... you sweetie you! Thanks for highlighting my dolls here!