Translate

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prepackaged Gingerbread Fun

Yes, I know I could have made the gingerbread cookies myself. But this time of year, I'm busy with a million other things. So buying this kit and bringing it with me to Ally's house seemed like a good idea -- and it was.  Especially when it turned out that her stove wasn't working yet in her new home, so the cookie dough we made for Christmas cookies was going to have to be wrapped and refrigerated for another day.  To the rescue:  our box of gingerbread fun.

We got the first few stars down for the base of the tree before the frosting in the green piping bag burst out of its seams.  So we transferred it to another plastic bag. Carefully. With a lot of laughter involved.


And eventually we had a tree waiting for decoration...


And finally our masterpiece


Aren't we good? Oh and then, the most important part, was that Ally put the tree near the mantle and Bill, Ally and I all stood back to admire the tree. It's always necessary to admire your work and make comments like, "Wow, that looks nice."

8 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

That is cute!

ellie said...

Nice! But what caught my eye was that KitchenAid mixer...in PINK! Love that!

Shirley said...

Sounds like great fun!! And the kit came with the prebaked star cookies? What a deal! And I love the "admiring part" - which I call "Look and LOVE." That is an essential step in creation....

Holli said...

That is REALLY cool! Glad you had a good mother/daughter day :)

Kat Sloma said...

Why should you have made the gingerbread cookies yourself? I love the end result. Good job! (Admiring from afar, too.)

Tammy Freiborg said...

Scrumptious decor! Who took the first bite? Love the pink mixer.

teri said...

Tammy - it's still at her house so I'm not sure. She didn't let me eat any, darn it!! (My daughter is much more strict than I ever was.)

craftyM said...

I have the cookie cutters to make these.... never have attempted it, but looks like I should. Yours turned out wonderful!
Just a couple months til we meet in Florida!
Marita