Translate

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Starry Starry Night

Here's my entry for the scavenger hunt challenge I posted earlier this month. The items to include were a star, bird, ornament, pine cone, Christmas tree and snowflake. There's a bit of overlap here, as the ornament is also a snowflake, but there are snowflakes in the background as well.  I created this in all separate layers and added shadows with layer properties. The bird was actually a quilted bird I found on a website that I swirled and added details to make my own. Those pine cones started out as coloring book pages that I posterized, painted with blue and then white, and then added a few filters for effect.  Lots of digital fun here.  I pulled all of it from little bits and pieces of images I found on the web, but recreated them into something completely new.

4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love the pinecone!

Shirley said...

Lovely - I definitely would like your photo manipulation skills!

Holli said...

That's amazing!

Tammy Freiborg said...

Love the marbley pink bird - soft against the crisp feeling background.