Translate

Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Weekend

I had a busy weekend experimenting with art -- drawing and painting mostly.   

I watched a movie about Jean-Paul Basquiat and thought about how complete creative brilliance is such a delicate dance between inspiration and insanity.  I don't know if it takes bravery or just complete abandon to open one's mind that much.

 We also watched the second installment of the Showtime series The Borgias.  The costumes and lighting were so inspiring -- I find myself wanting to draw and paint Renaissance people.  

At Women and Books we are about to read These is My Words (for May). Come join us!

Love is strange and mysterious, 
just like jelly beans.





Shadow and light in acrylics





 Kim Klassen magic textures on a
Magnolia Bakery shot


Practicing watercolor
faces



Pencil Sketch
Girl with Headband


"Hello, sun in my face. Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields...Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness."
-Mary Oliver


Lizzi and Thauna at Besprinkled, asked 
for a list of five things for which we are grateful.

I'm grateful for the love of my family and friends; without them I would be nothing.  I'm grateful for each sunrise and each sunset.  I'm grateful for animals and children--their honesty makes my heart smile.  I'm grateful for people who are kind, when life is unexpectedly generous to anyone, and for butterflies, who are born from tiny cocoons and learn to soar.

4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I love your girl with the headband drawing!!

Thauna said...

I love the shadow and light painting...amazing! I so envy your talent.

I haven't watched The Borgias yet...how is it? I am watching Nurse Jackie and US of Tara.

Thanks for linking up to our gratitude list and Snapshots & Sprinkles. xo

Lisa said...

What beautiful art you've been working on!

Holli said...

You are just so cool Teri... I'm happy that I met you!