Translate

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Learning to Love Cats


I never much liked cats until recently. I'm a dog and horse person -- I get them and they get me.  But my husband likes cats and wanted one, so I've had on-the-job training with felines over the past couple of years.  (We adopted my dads after he passed away, then got another as a kitten.)  So many things about them are so very  different from dogs that it took me a while to even begin to figure them out.  

I may not be completely comfortable with all cats, even now, but I've come to love mine. They grow on you. (That's the "baby" of the family,  Roan the ragdoll, above.)

8 comments:

Lizzi said...

I've never been a cat person, only because I'm allergic to them. I wish I was though because they offer something completely unique I think.

Wonderful photo!

Tammy Freiborg said...

Appears ghostly playing hide-n-seek.

Ally said...

It's funny that we NEVER had cats growing up and now you me AND Ben all have kitties that we're so in love with!!

Beverley Baird said...

I love both cats and dogs and have had both over the years - they have such different personalities. Our present cat is 19 and every day i am expecting her to be gone. She is such a character tho.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your lovely words.

Brenda said...

I think the difference between cats and dogs is dogs need you and cats don't. They are just independent creatures, a little bit wild, but sweet nonetheless. I think sometimes the more indifferent you are to a cat, the more they pay attention to you.

I miss my Petey the cat! My niece asked me yesterday where he was, in heaven?

sure....cat heaven, I like it!

Holli said...

Well you know how much I love cats.... they are very unique individuals that's for sure.

Elizabeth Golden said...

I love cats and dogs and horses. I have had all of these gentle creatures during my life. Each is so different. Still haven't figured any of them out.
Love your repurposed journal. Can not wait to see what you do with it.
Are you resorting in Costa Rico? or missioning?

Caatje said...

What a wonderful fotograph of what looks like a beautiful cat.
I love cats (dogs too by the way). They are very different from dogs as in they focus on themselves and not on their 'master'. They are completely unashamed about being completely selfish. I love that about them. Dogs have owners/masters, cats have staff/servants. ;-)