Translate

Saturday, August 6, 2011

This week's thimble list











I've done this before and loved it.  For the uninitiated, a thimble list is a list of easily attainable goals (the mini, more immediate version of a bucket list).  Things that will make you happy on a small scale.  You can see a blog post on it at Life Besprinkled


Here is mine for now:
Getting my art supplies and work folders off the dining table. I admire tidy.
Finishing one of the four books I've started. I crave completion.
Starting a book I'm really wild about and can't wait to turn the page. I'm keen on escapism.
Seeing a movie that makes me laugh, or wonder, or makes me forget I'm watching a movie.  Ibid.
Getting in bed at night and having enough energy to play iPad solitaire and then watch Craig Ferguson on tivo.  I'm a sucker for routine.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this idea! I'm much better at setting smaller goals--so nice to be able to cross things off the list. Your dining room table sounds like it gets used the same way mine does. My Saturday night is going to be spent finishing a major paperwork project I started a couple of weeks ago. Not that we need the table to eat but I don't want anyone walking into my house seeing that!

Holli said...

I like this idea too! I'm going to work on my list for the week right now :)