Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wyoming Day 2, including the ghost story

Photoshop users, feel free to nab these pics for your collages.  

Below are brown-eyed susans that brightened our way along our ride up to castle rock this morning.  There are many rock formations out here that attract geologists and horseman alike.  Castle rock looks a bit like a giant came along and piled stones atop each other, eventually abandoning his play for other pursuits.


Below are the front steps of our ranch house.  To answer the ghost question -- there are lots of stories about ghost sightings, rattles and creaks in this house.  And at least one person that I know of died in the house.   I don't tend to believe ghost stories -- but last year while we were staying here I woke up during the night to see the outline of a man in a hat standing at the foot of my bed.  I didn't feel afraid (as I would have guessed I might) but I sensed a curiosity from the figure, as if he was wondering about me.  After a short time the figure disappeared.


In the kitchen of the house (which is completely paneled in that lovely, thick knotty pine that was so popular in the 40's and 50's), you can still find this tin match box nailed to the wall.


My husband took this beautiful sunset photo.  There is a moment when the skies light up like this, and if you want a photo you have to catch it at once because all at once,  in less than a minute, the sun is gone and this orange glow turns to dusky purples and blues.


5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Beautiful sky photo and a shivery ghost story--

Lisa said...

And I still can't believe seeing that ghost didn't scare the hell out of you!

Aimeslee said...

THANKS for the ghost story, Teri, since I asked. What's the temps like out there, day and night? I guess I just want to know you are not suffering in sweat like I am, wink wink. Is the air nice and dry...no humidity? Wow, I can almost feel it...oh wait, that's my a/c vent, darnit! xoxo

Holli said...

You know I love a good ghost experience... I hope he trusts you enough to show himself to you again... that's such a special thing to have happen to you.

Tammy Freiborg said...

As long as the ghosts are nice! I made a metal match holder just like that in seventh grade industrial arts.