Translate

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Color Of...

Have you seen this website yet?  The Color Of  At first I didn't understand how it worked, and then when I did -- kinda blew me away.

You enter a word in the search box, and it goes to the web and searches for images that go with that word. Then it tries to find common colors that correlate to the word, and it then creates a color composition based on the images it found online.  (There is a much fancier explanation on the "about" page of their website.)

I entered "pumpkin" in the search box and this is the color collage I got:







Then I entered "joy" and got:


It is fun to try different words, like emotions, places, or food and see what comes up.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

whats the website address? sounds cool

teri said...

Brenda, I had made it a link right on the page, but the address is: http://thecolorof.com/#find

Janet Ghio said...

Cool-I'm going to go check it out right now~

Holli said...

WOW!!! This is my kinda thing... awesome!!