Translate

Friday, October 7, 2011

The (real) Jersey Shore

Many of you know I'm originally a Jersey Girl. I visited my daughter and son-in-law last weekend at their home in the heart of the Jersey shore, and we went for a walk on the Seaside Heights boardwalk.  It felt so good to be "home."

Gotta love the spotted pig prize.

Shoot the Guido?  Gotta be Jersey.

Yes, it's the "See The Jersey Shore" skyride.  (Takes you past the JS house.)

Note this boardwalk bar says, "We love Bennies."  For the
uninformed, Bennies are people who live outside
the Jersey shore area.  Funny thing is, since most of these outsiders  are
unfamiliar with this term, the sign won't lure many in.

My daughter and son-in-law in front of the Jersey Shore tv show house.

My son-in-law explained the JS tv house command center to me, as he worked in
this facility for some time.   (see my notes on the photo)

Coming to Jersey? Here are the nearest cross streets for the house.

I couldn't resist photographing this.

Really?  Someone needs underpants that say these things?

Not the Jersey shore without the lemonade stand.

I love this shot of the ferris wheel, with the tumbling clouds in the background.

Unlike those tv shows you see these days, this is my Jersey Shore.

12 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

I enjoyed the photos of the Jersey shore--of the house, not so much--have to say I am not a fan of Snooki and her pals!

Monica said...

never seen the show Teri just hear about the chubby pouty girl. When the show Dallas was at its heigh,t my sister visited and we went to see that ranch. Nothing like we expected.

The photos of the clouds and beach reminds me of UK and the seaside there.

teri said...

haha -- "chubby pouty girl" indeed. I watched it only once, at my daughter's insistence, since she felt I was missing out on a part of pop culture. I have not been induced to watch it since.

Holli said...

Interesting! Love the two photos of your Jersey Shore Teri :)

Thauna said...

I love the pics! The Jersey Shore gang are such a hot mess that sometimes I get caught up in the craziness and have to watch. I loved Seaside Heights when I lived in Jersey...we went there a few times. Have a few pics of my oldest daughter at the beach there (she was about 1) and now that she's 20 something she thanked me for moving her out of NJ when the Jersey Shore first started. Of course we know they are not a representation of NJ. New Jersey = fond memories for me

Eileen said...

I fear that hundreds (maybe far less!) of years from now, anthropologists will point to shows like The Jersey Shore as the beginning of The Fall Of Civilization and Good Sense As We Know It.
But what do I know?

teri said...

ahaha - Eileen I can just hear those words flying out of your mouth. I'm pretty sure tv gave up the ghost of GSAWKI a looong time ago.

Aimeslee said...

What a fun slideshow, Teri. And your gorgeous dd - I can see a resemblance to mama!!! Sweet pic of the *newlyweds*, he kinda reminds me of a young Billy Joel...ok, y'all quit dissing on my Snooki now. She's just lookin for love in all the wrong places, doncha know...winkwink.

Brenda said...

@Eileen, I agree with you. Reality tv sunk us to a whole new level.

lori vliegen said...

i've never been to the jersey shore......thanks so much for being our tour guide!! i can see why you love it there......it looks like a lot of fun! i'm all about lemonade and funnel cakes (and how much fun is that underwear display?!!!).

hope you have a great day! hugs from your florida friend, and bennie.......xoxo

Lisa said...

I was thinking that I wasn't very much lured by the Jersey shore until you got to those last couple of pictures and I got to see actual shoreline. I do love a great beach!

Pierre BOYER said...

I particulary love your last picture...
Greetings from France,

Pierre