Translate

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catching up on the week's events

This week I went with my dear friends to the MOMA media event, where we worked on altered books.



I completed another postcard in the Art and Sole postcard exchange I'm doing with my friend Elena. This one is from Wales. I used Photoshop and an image found online, along with a bit of prose by Dylan Thomas (a native of Wales).



I worked on some pages for friends' Smash books. (We're in a round robin, taking turns decorating each others' books.)  

Some doodles and sketches in this one:




Lyrics below are from a Coldplay song. Love the vintage image of the woman driving the car - I found it in an old National Geographic magazine. Here I am, still copying out lyrics for songs I like into my journals.  I guess I'll never grow up. Music and words together always move me in a way nothing else does.



And finally, some pages from Walls books for another Round Robin in which I'm taking part.








10 comments:

Monica said...

Music sticks in my mind especially old songs as my mother was so old when she adopted me that she and her friends all sang melodies from the 1920s and earlier. Watching Downton Abbey has made a couple of them lodge in my brain.

jaeartworks said...

I read about those smash journals on another blog recently. Do you love it?? I get a lot of my painting titles from songs...lyrics, poetry, art, they all go hand in hand!

Aimeslee said...

You coulod do a smashbook of favorite childrens song lyrics, then you and grandson could sing them. If it were me, I'd have to get started a year ago to use it before he turned 18, but you're probably a lot quicker... ;-))

Caatje said...

Wonderful cards/pages!

As for song lyrics: I pride myself in knowing so many that I have one for just about any situation. ;-)

teri said...

Aimeslee, you crack me up.

teri said...

Aimeslee, you crack me up.

Purrplekatt said...

I love the owl sketches! That is too funny - I have the same image of the woman in the car. I thought she was pretty cool in that vintage outfit.

Lisa said...

Love the Round Robin stuff - what fun that you're surrounded by people who are as creative as you are!

Holli said...

Looks like you've been quite busy lately!

Elizabeth Golden said...

You have been very busy! Love your postcard - mail art to Elena she will love it, and the smash book looks like so much fun!