Translate

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday in New York

Let's try this again --

Last night, the midtown streets were damp and grey, full of suburbanites rushing home after their Saturday afternoon brunches and matinees.  This is the view out my window, edits courtesy of Holli and snapseed.






But earlier in the week, the days were sunny and warm.  My friend and I went to a lovely French restaurant in the West Village.  There were hard-boiled, paper-wrapped eggs at the bar.





And a vintage hand-pressed juicer with a basket full of plump oranges.




My friend ordered a delicious plate of asparagus topped with a perfectly-runny soft-boiled egg. 





Heavenly.  What did you do this week?







8 comments:

Lisa said...

Lovely pics! Wish I could say I'd been to such a marvelous little place to eat. We used to have a French restaurant here but it just closed after 35 years. But it was one of those places that are all hoity-toity and not nearly as charming as this place.

Ally said...

Your yummy photos are making this pregnant lady hungry!!!

Brenda said...

Now you must make your daughter those asparagus and a soft boiled egg to make our Italian grandmothers proud.

And, I love the pic with the taxis.

jaeartworks said...

Very cool! I've always wanted to go to New York...

Aimeslee said...

I had sausage and pasta fajul with asparagus tonite! But the egg? I dunno know about that... xoxo

kareninkenai said...

The view is marvelous even if it was cold-ish; and, your day out is enticing - perfect asparagus - that I could have morning, noon, or night! Smiles from Alaska. Very nice capsule of your week. Had a two lovely sunny days in ANC; thrift store shopping, thai coconut red curry vegetables, and a gorgeous drive to/from the Kenai Peninsula. But, I hope to get to NY for the Vegan Festival next year... we'll see.

thepinkrachael said...

Great photos Teri - I always love seeing other people's pics of restaurants and food! I'm always too busy eating it all to remember about a photo til it's too late!

Holli said...

I love these photos!! You should do this often Teri... it's fun!