Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Baby Shower

Today was the day!  After many long months of trying to become pregnant, and more months of the pregnancy itself, today was my baby's baby shower.  Below are some pictures of the celebration.


For centerpieces, we had baskets of daisies (Ally's favorite flowers) tied with bunches of blue balloons, and topped with elephants -- our theme -- created by my husband with his 3D printer.



Here's Ally, in brown, and her cousin and maid-of-honor Aileen.  Ally and Aileen are both pregnant with little boys and are due only a few days apart. Isn't that amazing?  They grew up together, like sisters.  Only God could give them such a blessing.



We played a "match the celebrity to their baby picture" game.  Lou set up the photos before the party started.  Bill's sister Tara won the prize for the most correct guesses.







Here's the happy couple.


Daddy-to-be got a "tool belt" for baby diaper changing.








 My friends Eileen and Pat came over on Thursday to have some art fun, and while here they volunteered to help me making these cupcake toppers. I couldn't have done it without them!


I had lots of fun making this diaper cake...


...and treat bags.


And here I am with Ally. 







14 comments:

Eileen said...

Ah, how nice to see the fruits of our labors, LOL! We really did have fun helping out, and everything looked wonderful. More importantly, everyone looked so happy. Mazel tov!

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Teri
What a gorgeous pregnant daugher you have! You look like you are really into the Baby celebrating time with this party. What fun!
How imminent is the baby???
Thanks for your so kind comment when visiting my blog today!
Have a great Sunday girlfriend,
x Suzy

Shirley said...

What a wonderfully creative event! Love all of the special touches. And I'm sure that Ally enjoyed every minute of it.

Arlene said...

I really enjoyed seeing your photos of you and your daughter and the shower. How fun - you did a great job decorating for it!! I especially love the last photo of you 2 together. It left a big smile on my face - you look so happy. You must be very excited for the big birth-day, and looking forward to being grandparents!

Monica said...

Terri what a lovely day. everyone sure and fun and just love all the decorations you made. The cup cakes look so yummy. Excitement everywhere as the big day gets closer.

thepinkrachael said...

Looks like a fab day - how lucky for your daughter and her friend to be pregnant at the same time too! Love the elephant theme!

Lorena said...

So much love you poured into making Ally's baby shower one to remember! I gotta remember the "tool belt" idea--that is priceless!

Trece said...

How wonderful to see this!! I love the photo of you two together. I was just thinkinh that she must be due soon. Please keep us posted - I'm still praying!!

Aimeslee said...

how wonderful! she has your eyes, fo sho. very handsome couple. praying for ten fingers ten toes ten pounds of love! xoxo

jaeartworks said...

Yay...congratulations!!!

jgr said...

What a wonderful celebration-congratulations to you and your gorgeous daughter!!

Lizzi said...

Yay for everyone! Such happy times!

Thauna said...

I'm so happy for you all!! Teri, you are going to love being a grandma...best blessing ever! It looks like a very fun day!

Holli said...

I feel like I was there with you all.... great photos!! Ally looks glowing and beautiful... pregnancy looks good on her.... and you're stunning Teri. :)