Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quoting Wednesday


Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark.  
~Rabindranath Tagore

One of my friends, a deeply religious person, has lately found herself surrounded by friends and family who are experiencing many troubles in their lives.  For her, I created a prayer pocket, with a hidden place to tuck in papers that have names and intentions on them.  And all the while I was hand stitching it, I was saying a prayer for her.





If you listed all the reasons for your faith, 
and all the things that make you cry, 
it would be essentially the same list.  
~Robert Brault




13 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Teri
Rabindranath Tagore is another of my favourites going back the same amount of time as Rumi, Hafiz etc.
I couldn't think of a more appropriate "gift" to a friend in need.
What a wonderful support!
Hugs,

Suzy

Eileen said...

Teri! This is stunning.

Eileen said...

Teri! This is stunning.

Janet Ghio said...

Teri-this is beautiful and what a wonderful idea and gift for your friend!

Aimeslee said...

Awww! xoxo

Thauna said...

I love both of these quotes...and that prayer pocket is amazing!!!

Purrplekatt said...

This is just gorgeous. You are so talented! :)

Trece said...

What a wonderful idea, and a thoughtful gift! You are such a special friend.

jaeartworks said...

LOVE everything about this post!

jgr said...

Beautiful prayer pocket, your friend is going to love it. And such wonderful quotes!

Thyme (Sarah) said...

If someone gave me something like this that is handmade with so much love, I would treasure it for all time. What a gesture of kindness and thoughtfulness.

Holli said...

A prayer pocket, I LOVE that! What a cool idea! It's cute too. I love these quotes Teri. Especially that first one.

Liz Deck said...

Very thoughtful!
Beautiful idea.
You are a good friend!