Translate

Monday, July 23, 2012

Fairy Tale Altered Book

My friend Lorena invited me to join an altered book round robin with a group of her friends from Hawaii (mostly).  Our instructions were to pick the theme we wanted for our books, find a book to alter, and make the covers and one or two spreads so the other participants will understand what we had in mind with our theme.

I love fairy tales, so that's the theme I chose.  I love the vintage ones, the ethnic ones, the irreverent interpretations -- just about anything related to them, really.  So my book cover has a little of all that.

Below are the pages, starting from the front cover, inside cover, and then the pages, which flip up rather than turning left to right.

Front cover outside


Cover peek


cover inside



Inside page - Little Red
Yo Rapunzel 
Rapunzel's Response





I'm pretty sure that's actually how it was written.  ;-)





14 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Teri - fantastic book with your touch of irreverance with these old fairy tales.
Little Red Riding Hood must have been my favourite!
What does that say about me?
Hugs,
Suzy

Lorena said...

I LOVE it! So playful and refreshing!! Your fairy tale-themed AB will be a welcome addition to our round robin! I'm so glad you decided to come out and play with us!

Lisa said...

Marvelous! Would you mind if I shared this on Fairy Tale Fridays?

Beverley Baird said...

What a fun, fantastic start to a wonderful book! Love Rapunzel's pages especially!

thepinkrachael said...

Oh I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I am such a huge fairy tale fan! For years, I kept saying I wanted to do a series of images/pages/illustrations/whatever based on fairy tales and I'd completely forgotten about it - I mght have to start yet another new book now I've seen this (I hope you don't mind me borrowing the idea?!) I especially like the Rapunzel page.

Eileen Bellomo said...

What a fun project! Yo.

Eileen Bellomo said...

What a fun project! Yo.

Caatje said...

Fabulous. I laughed out loud at your version of Rapunzel! ;-)

Monica said...

What fun just love your sense of humor.

Trece said...

Totally adorable!! Really made me laugh. Lovely work.

Thauna said...

Yo Dude, I love it! I think I had the same Little Red Riding Hood book...those illustrations gave me devaju.

Purrplekatt said...

Lol, this made me smile after a long hard day.. ;) what a cute idea for a round robin.

Martha Lever said...

I love your Fairy Tale additions to the book. I love your style. It makes me smile!

Holli said...

Wow Teri... this is magnificent... I love it!!