Perfect timing for Five on Friday-- my first grandchild is finally on the way!! My daughter is in labor righ now, and she's beyond the 5 cm mark So for today, five things I love about children.
1. They say the best stuff. Just today I heard a mother correct her daughter for burping loudly in a restaurant and the little girl said, very reasonably, "Mommy, I couldn't help it. I opened my mouth to take a sip of my drink and it just came out by itself."
2. No matter what they're like when they're awake, they looking like little angels when they sleep.
3. I love when kids toss their little heads while speaking. It reminds me of Paul McCartney singing I wanna hold your HAND...
4. Kids have no compunctions about grabbing both your cheeks and yelling into your face when they want your attention. Mom-my I said let's go to the park.
5. They ask the best what if and why questions, like "Why are your nostrils different sizes.".
All my love to ally, bill and my future grandson! What do you love about kids?