And yes, I'm Olympics obsessed. Here we go...
1. The U.S. girls gymnastics team fake hugs look like robots trying to do a standing Heimlich maneuver. I've been assigning point scores to their techniques.
2. The male swimmers and their pushed down trunks definitely have my attention. Point scored.
3. I wouldn't have minded if Ryan Lochte wore his red, white and blue, diamond-studded grill on the awards podium, how about you? I'm kinda sad they would ban that. What's next - no flava flav clocks on the podium, either?
4. I agree following Gabby Douglas' gold medal victory and Bob Costas' heartfelt tribute with the monkey doing gymnastics commercial was a piece of ill timing - but it was a MISTAKE. I cannot believe anyone would actually think that stupidity would have been done intentionally.
5. I saw a picture of an Olympian who won a medal in fencing wearing his on the subway. Or underground. Or the tube. Whatever it's called in London. I thought that was a great idea. Otherwise, its like people who are always saving their good china for special occasions and never use it. I say wear those medals when you put out the garbage, and when you go to church or temple, and even at the grocery store.
Here's my 19-year old cat trying out
some Olympic moves:
|The twist and jerk|
|The sit and stare|