Translate

Monday, August 20, 2012

Western Union Man

I recently posted the altered book I created for the Honolulu Altered Book Group, with the fairy tale theme.  Yes, I'm an honorary member!  So that means each month one member will create two pages based on my theme, and I will be creating monthly pages on each of their themes.  This month my given theme is "ooh la la postal," and I decided to do a page using images of my dad when he was a Postal Telegram boy.  I liked his picture so much I used it three times, spread across both pages.  I also used found images of telegrams and the photo of a delivery boy on his bike, dates in the 1930's, which is when my dad was delivering.  Materials used:  Portfolio oil crayons, Golden liquid acrylics, Souffle Pens, and stencils.  I hope the recipient enjoys receiving these pages as much as I enjoyed creating them.

Left side page

Right side page

9 comments:

thepinkrachael said...

These pages look great Teri - I love seeing real photos and things like this from the past, even better that you actually had a photo fo your dad to use. I love seeing all the black and white photos of my nan and grandad when they were young - it's amazing.

Janet Ghio said...

Love the background and the photos are great-love old photos!

Monica said...

What fun to use family photos.

jgr said...

Hi Teri,
These pages are wonderful! And I scrolled down to the baby pictures-congrats to you-he is precious!!

Lisa said...

How fun that you could work something so personal into the pages and I love the idea of sharing pages with each other on themes. Once again wishing I were more creative!

Holli said...

This is SOOO cool Teri... very neat!

suziqu's thread works said...

Teri this is fantastic and even using an image of your father.
Now you have to check out my new post all about our Lacebook!
Love and hugs,
Suzy

Anna Micciulla said...

Teri, these pages are phenomenal! Its always a thrill to use a picture that just sings to you!

Cynthia said...

What a great way to use special photos. Old family photos are such a treat to see and these must have been in great condition to make the photocopies. Thanks for sharing.