Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Artful Days

It was a busy summer
and I didn't have much time for art.
(But I was doing important things, like
waiting for my grandson!)

I'm trying to make up for that now.

So I'll be posting a little something each day
for the next few days.
Hope you'll be amused!
Here's the first one~~

 For today, images of a 4"x4" themed swap with other art friends. The theme was mail art.
 The background is the Ranger distress pads. I flick water onto the surface first, then rub the ink over it.  That creates the dark blobs. Then I flick water on top of that, which creates the light flecks.  Fun! 
  The dragonfly is black embossing powder, and I painted it various shades of twinkling H2Os.  More fun!  

 Finally, the reverse features a tiny envelope, with a little note inside containing a quote about dragonflies.  The hand on top of the envelope is half of a Leonardo DaVinci stamp (you know, the Creation stamp?)

Boy, that was so much fun.  Tomorrow - an altered paintbrush. Stay tuned!!


3 comments:

Caatje said...

Beautiful. I love the idea of a little envelope with a note on the back.

jgr said...

Hi Teri,
These are wonderful! I love the dragonfly and the envelope is a nice touch, too.

Holli said...

oh I truly truly love these.... so pretty!!