Translate

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Arting With Friends

Recently I've had the opportunity to attend some wonderful classes at a new studio space here in New York City.  Little Bird Creations, by Michelle Luxenbourg, has hosted several wonderful teachers already.


Two weeks ago I had two fun days with Ingrid Dijkers, making one of her fabulous tunnel books



and a 3-ring binder journal with a darker theme.


Ingrid is a fabulous teacher. This is my second set of workshops with her. The first was at Elena's Keys 4 Art retreat two years ago, when we created an over the edge book.


(All three of the images, above, are Ingrid's work, not mine.  Just haven't gotten around to photographing mine yet, but they're very similar.)


Last night we were treated to a workshop by Seth Apter of The Altered Page, called Text Tiles.  These were made with multiple layers of media applied to cradled wood , and we had so much fun working on them.  Here is a picture of mine, now proudly displayed by my front door.




I love arting around with friends!!!

12 comments:

Monica said...

Love Ingrid's work and so ENVIOUS of those classes.

Janet Ghio said...

you are so lucky to live where you do with access to such wonderful workshops!

Eileen Bellomo said...

I love arting with friends too! I loved all the classes too, and am still working on the two from Ingrid's class. Hmmm...,.how about a play date to finish them?

Caatje said...

Sooo jealous you got to work with Ingrid. She is defenitely one of my journaling hero's. Hope you show your work from that class soon!

Shirley said...

Thanks Teri for changing your setting so I don't need a Blogger password to comment on your blog. Even though we frequently have several rounds of email each day, I like to leave comments and now I can.

Can't wait to see the books you create from your workshop!

Purrplekatt said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait to see your books.

Jeanne @ Collage of Life said...

Teri...I so wish I was one of your artful friends, attending all those fabulous classes. Keep posting more, I love them all!
Jeanne xx

Thauna said...

This looks like so much fun!!!

Lorena said...

Lucky girl! Ingrid participated in our last Hawaii AB RR and I just loved her work. I hope to be able to meet her and take a class one day...And a class with Seth Apter to boot? Now I'm jealous. I want to take the classes YOU sign up for!! Sox also mentioned that she has attended the annual workshops at Elena's in Florida. Did you see her when you went?

Lisa said...

More great stuff! Miss H and I see so many fun art things on Pinterest that we'd like to try - maybe instead we should be looking for classes!

Heidi Bound said...

Teri, I love your pieces from the Seth Apter class. I can't tell you how touched I am by giving one to me. It is beyond special and is hanging in my office at school. It's on the wall with a picture that Eileen gave me. So inspiring!

Holli said...

Oh WOW!!!