Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Altered Paintbrush Mini Journal

And here it is - the altered paintbrush mini journal.  I love journaling, so I followed instructions in Cloth, Paper Scissors "Pages," Issue 2 to remove the brush bristles and insert paper pages instead.
 I put some of my favorite quotes on the first few pages and left some blank for the recipient (this is for a swap) to include some of her own favorites.  
 Rather than painting the brush, I used Mod Podge to glue some pretty tissue paper on to the wooden handle. I used sprays through stencils to add color on the pages, and adhered blue gingham ribbon on part of the metal band.

Happy word painting!!

10 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

that's clever!

jgr said...

This is such a cool idea, and you did a beautiful job-I especially like the pretty paper.

Caatje said...

Altering brushes seems to become a true trend these days. Have you seen the tons that Donna Downey is receiving on her blog?
Yours is very pretty indeed.

Eileen Bellomo said...

Very pretty and useful too. I skipped that swap and now I'm wondering why. LOL!

Lillian Mederak said...

Teri
I love what you did with the paint brush
really cool!!!!!!!
Lill
http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/

jaeartworks said...

So fantastic! May have to try something like that with some advanced art students.

Lisa said...

How did you get the pages to stay put? That is so creative!

Michelle said...

Very fun project! Love the words, colors and concept of adding pages to the brush. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thyme (Sarah) said...

So creative and clever!!

i spy with my crafty eyes said...

Hey, this is Shayna and I wrote the article you mentioned. Just wanted to say you did a beautiful job on this brush, and definitely made it your own. Love it!