Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Hands Have It

Continuing on my week of art posts, here are the hands I created for a swap with some friends. There were no rules other than to do what you want, and since I couldn't decide whether I wanted to collage and paint or to doodle/zentangle, I decided to do both -- one on each side of the hand.

Acrylic Paint, then images, stenciled paint and portfolio crayons rubbed in along image edges.


Close up

Another close up


Flip side - doodles using black gesso, souffle pens and black markers.


Hope you're enjoying seeing what my Muse is inspiring!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Love these! I'm thinking it would be cool to do hands of a family and then do a individual thing on each hand that represented the person.

Caatje said...

Fabulous!

Shirley said...

They look wonderful! Will enjoy seeing yours plus the ones you get in the exchange.

Anonymous said...

Omg these are fantastic!
-anna

Lisa said...

I'm so excited that I get one of these!!! They are gorgeous! Motivates me to work on mine... But WORK first :-(.

Monica said...

Have to start my hands soon. Last stage of chunkier and hope to mail tomorrow. Your hands look super.

Rita A. said...

THese are lovely. I can't wait to see one in person.

Trece said...

I love the doodled side best. Wow - they just pop!

Andria said...

These are so fun! I've never "arted" on hand shapes before, but they make the perfect surface. What a great swap!

Darlene Pringle said...

Hi Terry!
I am so happy to have found you again.. I was looking at my old posts.. and pfft.. "theres Terry"!
Looks like you are having so much fun. I am to, in my own way. come visit again someday.
miss you,
Darlene ♥

Thyme (Sarah) said...

You live in the same art world as my MIL. She is always describing get togethers where they make and share their creations. I love those painted hands. I could see little ones being used as fun book marks!

Lorena said...

Beautiful work, Teri! Can't wait to get my "hands" on one of them!

Caatje said...

These are gorgeous.