Translate

Monday, October 22, 2012

Going Steampunk

My page theme this month for the Honolulu Altered Book Swap was Steampunk.  I know it's popular. And yet, I've never done anything in this style. My husband was my best resource to learn about it.  He explained that Steampunk a kind of retro-futuristic style, with wildly-imagined inventions and anachronistic technology.  And the retro part is usually based on the Victorian period.

So my page is based on that description and all the image examples he showed me (including a movie or two).  I found my two main images on Graphics Fairy, and used my Cricut mini to make the beautiful wings (aged with Ranger black soot distress powder).

I hope my book partner will enjoy receiving it as much as I liked making it.

Left side

 Right Side


I used lots of metal here



and here


And die-cut some beautiful wings.


It's fun to get out of your comfort zone now and then.



9 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Teri,
These pages are great! I love all the metal accents and I especially love those wings.

Monica said...

A great pages. How fun will this swap be!

Eileen Bellomo said...

You did good! And so did Lou. Very fine example of steampunk, and yet with a nice feminine touch. Isn't it a fun genre? Just so you know, I've a lot of experience with it, and even have quite a few steampunk stamps, should the need arise again. Just sayin'.

Lisa said...

Love the gears in the hair!

Martha Lever said...

Hi Teri,
Thank you for your comment today. You are so sweet. And you did a great job on this Steampunk art. I didn't know what it was so I learned something new!

Patzee said...

Teri, I love your delicate Steampunk treatment. You've captured the retro-futuristic essence so well. Will we see you and Lou at the next Steampunk convention in New Jersey?

thepinkrachael said...

I love that winged-car!! In fact, I want it! chitty Chitty Bang Bang all the way!

Lisa said...

Love your steampunk pages! I want those wings!

Holli said...

You did a great job!