Translate

Monday, November 19, 2012

Show me Your Anthropologie!!

Continuing my love affair with the art of Anthropologie, here are the promised snowy windows and animal sculptures from their flagship store at Rockefeller Center in New York City.  These window treatments were just going up the day I visited (Nov. 15), and it was fun watching the little elves with their ladders and glue pots, putting the final touches on these scenes.




With foxes, we must play the fox. -Thomas Fuller


"Exit, pursued by the bear."  -Shakespeare


The Woods are lovely, dark and deep. -Robt. Frost


There's a certain Slant of light-Winter Afternoons - Emily Dickinson




And more animals inside the store!  
This is a tea towel I especially love. 
I'm going to have to sketch these two friends
and add my own accessories.


It's amazing what a lovely collar can do for the complexion, isn't it?


Does this scarf make my nose look big?

Can you see me in the ornaments?


Show me your Antropologie, please. I'd love to see photos if you blog about your local store.

6 comments:

Monica said...

Love their stuff but so expensive! No I do not bog about the store it is in San Antonio opposite Apple and where Microsoft is opening, all my needs in one spot! Just realized window dressing is only big in the North and eastern big cities as Mall stores rarely do displays and really in south no-one shops the inner city.

Janet Ghio said...

What beautiful windows! I love anthroologie! I wish I could see them in person and the towel with the little stitched animals!! to die for!!

Thauna said...

Well this makes me want to go shopping!! My one and only trip to Anthropologie here spurred a whole lot on Instgramming. But that was probably a year ago. I guess it's time for a visit. :)

lori vliegen said...

oooh, i definitely share your passion for all things anthro! the only thing it's lacking is a section for all things chocolate.....then we'd have true perfection, don't you think?!

sending you big hugs for a blessed Thanksgiving, sweet teri!! xox

Benedicte said...

Great pictures! And I particularly love your literary references in the pictures comments! Tea towels with animals! That would be a great project! Playdate?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Holli said...

I see you!!! :)