Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Vintage Ancestor Journal

The next installment in my vintage ancestor journal work.  This one is for Sox. We're inventing ancestors and their stories for each other, using cabinet cards we find and our imaginations.

The tag background is made with a technique I learned from Sarah Whitmire, using coffee, cinnamon, metal bits and strings to create an aged look with the shadows of the pieces laid upon them. I love this method and I make lots of tags at once when I brew up a batch of the mix.


Floral cotton tape, gold skeleton leaves, stamped tag, old lace, and a vintage cabinet card enhanced with pan pastels.



A letter to Aunt Alice describing the wedding at West Point, Hudson River.


A tag tucked into a hidden pocket with the bride and groom

The sisters - lovely bridal attendants

A family to be proud of!!

9 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely beautiful - love it.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Monica said...

really lovely pages Teri.

Lisa said...

What fun! I love the cards - those would be great to use with the scrapbooks I'm doing for my MIL.

jgr said...

Lovely pages and such great imagination!!

suziqu's thread works said...

Love the whole idea of this book Teri.
Your pages look great using those cabinet cards and love the effect with the cards on the tags.
x Suzy

jaeartworks said...

Beautiful! I enjoy looking at your stuff. It's so very different than mine.

thepinkrachael said...

I'm always so impressed with the detail and layers and textures on these pages! What a fun idea to have journal pages from imaginary ancestors!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Oh Teri I love this. I have a huge collection of Cabinet Cards. Forgotten ones. I make up stories for them all the time. They always seem to need a little thought. I really dislike how they are gone and forgotten. You have given them new lives new memories. How exciting!
I love the layers in these pages. You have given it all a lot of love.

De said...

really love these pages Teri