Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

What do you do when you don't have a studio?

You improvise.

I've been taking a Flora Bowley class on Intuitive Painting, and it's a fun but messy business.  Lots of paint splattering and spritzing, whole-body movement and music. It's fun and inspiring and a great way to get in touch with your inner spirit.  The conundrum is how to do it in my one-bedroom apartment.

But there was a will, and then a way.


The bathroom looked like a crime scene...


...but it's very spray-bottle friendly


And our living room wall unit doesn't just hold digital technology anymore. 
I didn't even need an easel - just an open drawer and an old shower curtain.




 I don't think my "studio" will make the next issue of Where Women Create magazine, but creativity will persist, despite the greatest obstacles.

12 comments:

Heidi Bound said...

Teri-LOVE this! Looks like you are having a blast.

Lisa said...

What great results - never mind that it took the entire apartment to accomplish!

Janet Ghio said...

What a fabulous idea Teri! Our condo is carpeted, so I always thought I couldn't do one of these big messy projects--never thought of the bathroom--now just have to convince my neatnick husband!

Eileen Bellomo said...

Having seen your apartment in its more normal state, I really appreciate this. One question....are any of your furry critters spray painted or did they manage to stay out of your way?

Monica said...

How very creative of you!

Holli said...

I love it!!! Looks like you had fun :)

Purrplekatt said...

I am so jealous Teri! I'm going to take one of her classes some day. Your background looks great so far. i can't wait to see a finished piece.

Thauna said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!! Love the end result too.

jaeartworks said...

Haha- that's awesome. I loved that class when I took it. Have fun!

Benedicte said...

You exemplify perfectly the old saying: "when there is a will, there is a way!" We won't send the detective to investigate the bathroom crime scene. Don't worry!

Cynthia said...

Just goes to show our passion to make art knows no boundaries! Fabulous solution! Would loved to have seen the expressions on the furry ones!

Elizabeth Golden said...

You have just proved that you do not need a fancy studio to be creative. Just the will to create. Love the painting! Spray on!