Translate

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Keys 4 Art 2013 - Key Largo


  



I just returned from a week with my art sisters in Key Largo. I said goodbye to 75 degrees and sunny and returned to 36 degrees and snowy here in New York, but it’s all good.  As much as I love to get away, I’m always happy to return home to hubby, friends (the furry ones, too), family and my own bed. 

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Jen Rogers made us a compilation CD for the Keys, and I’ll be rocking that for a while. 

Watching: I started playing catch up last night on the shows I tivo’d while away.  About the latest episode of Project Runway –---the male dancers did a great job of distracting us from the sadly lacking garment construction skills of the contestants. (I don’t understand how someone who has never done a set-in collar made it on the show.)

Reading: Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks.  She’s such an incredible writer, and while the topic is a sad one, the book keeps it moving.  I’m really enjoying it.



Making: Learned lots and lots of great techniques at the Keys 4 Art retreat in Key Largo. Here’s a collage I made of a rooster. Isn’t he cute?  I can see I’ll be doing a lot more with collage.

Grateful: To my family for supporting my art obsession and my occasional need to get away with kindred spirits.

Thinking:  Of our new pope and hoping the world gives him a honeymoon before they start judging him.  We would each want the same.  


13 comments:

Caatje said...

Such gorgeous pictures! A wonderful impression of what what looks like a wonderful time and place. I love the rooster by the way!

Connie said...

Key Largo, how very exciting. I've always wanted to go there. Looks like you had a great time:)
Your blog is always so inspirational :)
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Monica said...

Nice place for a get away and I bet it was a rave.

Thauna said...

Love the rooster!!! Ah, the beach and the sun look wonderful. Looks like a wonderful time!

Trece said...

I agree about the Pope. He seems like a truly humble and spiritual man. He tempts me to reconsider Catholicism.

Eileen Bellomo said...

Thanks for the post. My pix are still on my camera. My suitcase is still packed. And my mind is still in Margaritaville. Coffee without the Keys sunrise is just not the same, and neither is a day without my art sisters!

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

What a pretty blog you have here Teri. Just wanted to pop by and say thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I'm glad you enjoyed the spring tide video of the huge waves in St. Ives Cornwall. Best wishes, Carolyn

Liz Deck said...

Your Poppy Rooster is divine!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like your retreat gave you all the things a girl could want! Love the collage - now that's something I think even I could do (maybe...).

Holli said...

oh Teri there is a painting in that group that's calling to me!! I love it but I can't quite see it all.... :)

thepinkrachael said...

Oh, Teri you know me and collage - I LOVE your rooster!! sounds like a wonderful time! I can't get Project runway here, but I used to love that show in UK - when I return I plan to spend a week holed up watching repeats! haha!

Connie said...

Hi Teri, I am delighted to have you as a follower. Your daughter's clocks sound adorable, I do remember when those were very popular. That's statement is giving away my age :)
I've just returned from a visit to Northeastern Oregon to visit my daughter and granddaughters.
My oldest granddaughter was celebrating her seventh birthday.
I made her a rag doll and just posted it a couple minutes ago.
I'm a die-hard blogger; I've only been home from a five day trip, for about 2 hours and I'm already on my computer answering comments.
Thank you again for following, I truly appreciate the support.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Patzee said...

What a wonderful round up of a week well spent! This year was especially calm and creative--exactly what you want in a retreat. Your rooster rocks!!