Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Art Journal Pages

My friend Jen and I are doing a coast-to-coast partner art journal, from New York to California.   We're working in our own for a few pages and then switching to work in each others' books. My theme is "words," which can be quotes, song titles or lyrics, favorite book passages, or any other thing we can think of.

This first page is a pop-up butterfly my friend Pat taught us how to do at last month's Keys 4 Art retreat.  I decided to paint a background for this little cutie and add a quote by Buddha to go with it.  Love this pop up technique, Pat. Thanks!  (When you close the journal, the butterfly flattens.)



Here's a vintage image with song lyrics from
Pictures of Me by The Last Goodnight


I used bits and pieces of papers printed with my gelli pad for the background on this page, with collage fish and my own sketches.  

I'm going to try to find lots of uses for these gelli pad papers I've been creating, so lots of experiments coming up.

16 comments:

reclinerart said...

Love the pages Teri!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I adore your fabulous pages! The color combination is perfection as are the images! So fun! I really want to get some paint and collage items out now! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Eileen Bellomo said...

Love it! How is everything?

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!

Heidi Bound said...

Love your pages, Teri!
That beautiful butterfly looks like she's ready to fly right off of the page.

Janet Ghio said...

wonderful pages Teri!

Patzee said...

What lively pages! So glad that butterfly is making an appearance. Love your line drawings!!

Monica said...

The gelli plates make very pretty backgrounds and the quotes are great. Love the songs. Great way to banish those bits of songs or poems that stick in your brain.

Purrplekatt said...

I love your pages Teri! Do I see the dylusions template used on the center page here?

Lorena said...

Teri, these are so bright, colorful! They seem to shout "Happy Spring!"

Gaby Bee said...

These pages look fantastic! I love the lush colors and the quotes are amazing!

Gaby xo

thepinkrachael said...

These pages are lovely, and I love the quotes. My favourites are the butterfly (naturally!) and the 'find a beautiful place' page.

Sue Young said...

Love these pages Teri!!!
So glad you're using the Gelli papers!!!

Caatje said...

So absolutely gorgeous! Love them!

Holli said...

Oh wow!!!

Caatje said...

Wonderful way to collaborate, must be so much fun. Beautiful pages.