Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What Would You Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail?

I would fly above the trees.

I would write a novel.

I would cook more often.


Interesting....

I know I could try to write a novel, but I never get past the brainstorming stage.  When I look back at my plot ideas, they sound silly, so I ignore them.

And I am not intuitive AT ALL in cooking. I've wasted so many ingredients by failing to put a lid on the pot (the instructions didn't say to) or not knowing the proper amount of a "sprig" of rosemary.   I'd try all sorts of inventive cooking methods if I knew they wouldn't fail.

Sure, I could take lessons.  And I have, in other things.  But it's fun to suppose, isn't it?  What would you do if you knew you could not fail?


7 comments:

Monica said...

In cooking if you fail does that mean no-one eats it? My DH eats everything and never complains even last night's disaster grilled cod with citrus dressing and a grapefruit, avocado, fennel salad with couscous. So just try. The more you try the more it works and most dishes have no right or wrong.

Thauna said...

If I knew I could not fail I would go full-time on my business.

I want to start cooking more too and trying new things/recipes. I just ordered two new cookbooks for the new kitchen...maybe one new dish a week. :) Let's practice some new things together across the miles.

teri flemal said...

haha - Monica, it sounds like you have married the PERFECT man. T -- which cookbooks? (I'm going to guess they are Italian...)

Holli said...

I would write a book as well. Shoot fantastic photographs. Head up a non profit organization that helps millions.

jaeartworks said...

Start my own art studio!

Thanks for the comment on my blog about my paper flowers BTW. I'm so frustrated with Blogger right now. You are coming up "no reply" on my comments too. Sigh...

Lisa said...

I'm with you on the novel and the cooking. I think I'd also open a dessert/coffee shop.

TC Tom Tommy said...

Hi Teri I tried to leave a Comment before.It wanted a Google account which I do not have. I use Yahoo. You have Always been a Class Lady, since I first met you in 10th grade.Now Reconnecting as Friends From The great NPHS 1974 Class Acts. I see You are Even Classier. I am Very Proud of you I always was and will be. Its an Honor & pleasure To see this. I LOVE IT Very much. BEAUTIFUL! I wish you all the Love Happiness and Success in the World. God Bless You Teri, Tom Castner