Translate

Monday, September 2, 2013

Five on Friday - September 2013

As much as I love fall, the end of summer always makes me sad.  Carly Simon got it just right—

The apples are ripe and the corn is past
Everyone says summer goes by so fast
And we just got here
I can hardly believe it but it's ended
The beach is a haze and old love's a ghost…
…Could the truth be I won't really see
How much I love you
 'til it's over


On the other hand, I do love the whole season of autumn.  I love creating art that's a little haunted, like this piece I just did for an altered book themed "visual incongruities and conundrums." 


Look carefully, up and down his face. Which way is he going?
(I drew this face, pen and colored pencil, based on an image
I saw on an optical illusion site.)


I love fall movies, like You've Got Mail (which I never seem to outgrow) and
Hocus Pocus and Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society and 
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. 
Got a favorite fall movie?

Do you care about Miley Cyrus and the VMAs? Cause I'm yawning about that.

Still loving The Coffee House station on Sirius. It fills my home with happiness.  That and my keurig coffee pot, which necessarily goes with the music.  Who needs Starbucks?


Wait, you wanted to see my grand babies?  Awww I don't want to bore you.  Well....if you insist...














10 comments:

Thauna said...

Oh those darling grandbabies!!! You must be having so much fun! I agree with the yawn on Miley Cyrus...she sure isn't Madonna.

Holli said...

Oh they are so CUTE! So squishy uppy. Don't care about Miley and I love the face in the journal. That was cool.

Monica said...

I have given up on the news actually being news. They run the same stuff over and over again and as to those trite celebrities!!! The latest overindulged bratty kid was so staged and I bet every media outlet received a press release, written by Daddy.
Seems like you are sliding into autumn.

Monica said...

Also meant to say I love optical images there are some fascinating artists who do this. Love yours.

Shirley said...

Interesting painting, but nothing could beat the pictures of the boys. They are sooo cute.

Chris Flynn said...

Hi Terri... keep posting pics of those adorable babies! The little guy is a hoot, loving on his fries.... bet he can' wait for his brothers to wrestle with! And the pic of the twins.... waaaay too cute! Lucky Grandma!
xoxo Chris

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh those darling grand baby twins Teri!!! I don't think I've ever seen such a more beautiful twin baby pic!
Love that clever face art on your new book!
Hugs,
Suzy

Sue Young said...

Your optical illusion face is amazing!!!!!!! Wowowow!!very very cool!
And your grand babies are all just adorable!
Great post!

Sue Young said...

Your optical illusion face is amazing!!!!!!! Wowowow!!very very cool!
And your grand babies are all just adorable!
Great post!

Lisa said...

That illusion face is incredible, Teri. But not as incredible as those babies' faces! And Liam's chubby little cheeks are to die for.