Translate

Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday-April 25

It's been a while, and thanks for sticking with me. Life just gets busy sometimes and it's hard to keep all the balls in the air.

And although I haven't been blogging, I have been reading. Just finished Life after Life - an unusual plot involving being reborn several times to change the ending of a life story.  The setting is pre and post WWII, and while I didn't love the book at first, it did grow on me. Now I'm reading The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.  It's good - but so far very similar to her previous offerings.

The weather in NYC is finally warming up, and with it, our visits to Central Park have begun. Our new mayor wants to do away with the hanson carriage rides in the park. Have you ever ridden in one? Would you miss them when/if they're gone?

My Hawaiian ladies altered book group is finally nearing the finish line for each of us working in the books.  The last two pages were themed "Got Humor" and "Diamonds and Rust," which we are supposed to interpret any way that strikes us.

Based on lyrics from the Joan Baez song, "Diamonds and Rust"

The Three Stooges

The page above is a pop-up, where the faces of Larry, Moe and Curly pop up, and then a hand smacks each of them.  Can't have Three Stooges humor without some smacks!



Confession: I love Throwback Thursday on Facebook. I love seeing those old photos, whether they are pictures of people I went to school with, friends I've met since then, or even people I've never met. I feel like seeing their old photos lets me get to know them just a little better, and it just makes me so happy.


Are you watching this final half-season of MadMen? There is a big part of me that is really hoping the series ends well.  However, I've gotten so attached to the characters that I know--for an absolute fact -- that when it's over I'll be wondering how the characters changed in the 70's and 80's.  Ridiculous, I know. I also miss book characters after the book ends.  Now you know how Silly Sentimental I am...

3 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Lovely to hear from you Teri! That book
Life after Life sounds fascinating!
And I am a great fan of Joan Baez and, of course, Bob Dylan! Diamonds and Rust page looks great!
Love seeing your grandbabies too - growing fast!
I have a new Bird Book on my blog if you want to see it!
Sending kind thoughts - so nice to keep up the connection!
Suzy

Janet Ghio said...

Hi Terry-what is the reason the mayor wants to get rid of the horse and carriages? I am watching the last episode of Mad men--i am worried about Don. I usually like books by Sue Monk Kidd so I will have to check it out. Wish I could see your pages in person so I could see the larry, Moe and Curly slap.

Aimeslee said...

Hi Teri - you know no matter how much I biotched about them stringing out the last season, I'm watching Madmen. Seen every single episode, can't stop now. Oh, and just a what-if: maybe it ends present-day. It could, ya know, and then you wouldn't have to wonder. Gorgeous pages you made. Thanks for sharing! xoxo