Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

Ready to start making holiday gifts? Arm Knitting

A few years ago I learned to knit.  And every year when I want to knit something, I have to learn all over again from my friend Rosie.  It's definitely NOT one of those things that is like riding a bike...

Last week I got a knitting lesson from my daughter, with a unique way of knitting that requires no knitting needles - just arms. I saw something about it on Pinterest a while back but wouldn't have believed how great it would turn out.

You start with some fat yarn. She used a variegated kind, blue, black and purple.


Then you cast on...to your arm

And knit onto your other arm

And then knit back to the original arm. 


And after a while, you cast off, attach the ends ... and voila! A beautiful eternity scarf.


And if you are very lucky, your daughter gives it to you for a present.  

Ready to make one yourself?  Here ya go!




5 comments:

Aileen Chaney said...

Wow, never knew you could do that!

Brandie said...

This is so cool!! I have to try it.

Lisa said...

Maybe I could actually handle this kind of knitting!

Janet Ghio said...

I'm like you-I only knit something every now and then and have to figure out all over again how to do it. Arm knitting looks interesting, but you have to finish in one sitting-what if you have to scratch your nose or have an emergency phone call or ...or...horror of horrors you have to go the the bathroom???? LOL

RachelLane said...

I've only crocheted so knitting always seems like such a mystery to me, but this looks like something I could handle. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to give it a try sometime with the cooler weather coming. :)