Translate

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas in New York 2014 - The Annual Kids Visit

One of my favorite days each year is when my kids come in to Manhattan for the annual Christmas visit. 

Nothing makes me happier than having my son on one side, daughter on the other, and grandson in the middle!

Liam loved the doggie hat, with flaps that kept it securely on his head.


I've been calling the twins "Thing 1 and Thing 2" in these Christmas stretches.

The Annual Holiday Fair at Grand Central transforms Vanderbilt Hall from a place to pass through to a place to stop and meander...



Fun for the man who loves his ties...

...and the lady who loves her hats...

...and for the child who loves toys on wheels.

My grandson's favorite part of Grand Central Terminal - riding the giant escalator.

At the annual Holiday Train Show at the NY Transit Museum, miniature Metro-North, New York Central and subway trains depart from a pint-sized Grand Central Terminal.

Speaking of pint sized, he didn't let the bigger kids push him out of the way when it was time to get a view of the train.

And it's not a complete visit if you don't get a train of your own, complete with push-button light and train whistle.

And afterwards our friend Rosie brought so many Crumbs cupcakes that we had a wonderfully difficult time choosing.
Three little monkeys under the giant Rockefeller Center tree.



7 comments:

Patzee said...

What a super wonderful visit to Manhattan! So glad you have this great family tradition. Thanks for sharing this magical moment--I can feel the joy.

Eileen Bellomo said...

Lovely! Kind of makes me wish I had a grandchild or three. 👶👶👶

Monica said...

Qwonderful way to spend a cold day with family

suziqu's thread works said...

A very special time for you Teri. I wish you all a very Blessed Christmas with much joy and happiness!
Christmas hugs,
Suzy

Brandie said...

I just love this! What a great day with the family. :)

Janet Ghio said...

I love the photo of Thing1 and Thing 2--how cute and I want one of those dog hats--I would wear it when i went every day when i go out for a walk. It looks really warm!! have a wonderful Christmas and an even better new year!!

Lisa said...

What a wonderful visit! Hard to believe how little Thing 1 and Thing 2 were when they were born. They are going to big boys like Liam!