Translate

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Five Things


Do you have numbers that are special to you? In my life, the numbers 22 and 222 come up frequently.  I grew up near Route 22, my parents lived in a home with 222 in the address, and my mom was born in 1922. My husband's dad's burial plot number is 222, and his mom was born on 2/2. (Interestingly, she died on 11/1.)  It makes me wonder whether these repeating numbers happen all the time and we just notice them when something calls our attention to them -- or whether there really is something to numerology.




I'm signed up for another MOOC (massive open online course).   Usually I take classes through Coursera, but this one is at the Milwaukee Art Museum, and it looks like it could be a fun class for anyone, anywhere to explore art in their area.  Let me know if you sign up, too.



I don't know how these two parents, with three babies less than a year apart, get themselves to the gym five times a week plus and ongoing schedule of online college classes at night, but my morning walks are looking very sluggish compared to their initiative.












A recent art journal page (theme words with friends) with the Beatles song All My Life in the background.
 My favorite kind of sewing - the messy, shabby kind - recycling jeans into a doorknob hanger with a pocket inside for secrets and treats.

That's my five. What have you been up to?

4 comments:

Eileen Bellomo said...

I love this little glimpse into your life. And I agree; reading about all that exercise plus school, work, and three babies, makes me feel like a slug!

Janet Ghio said...

I love the bit about the numbers--how interesting and I will look into that class and see what it is all about. I love the girl on your journal page and as always those three little boys are adorable!!

Brandie said...

I love the jeans doorknob hanger! Such a cool idea!

I admire Ally's drive to work out so much. It's inspiring to me, as I've started trying to work out daily. It is hard with one child, I can't imagine doing it with 3!!

Lisa said...

I could hardly manage to shower when my kids were little, let alone work out - and my kids weren't that close together!

Love, love, love that art journal page. It is gorgeous!